Top 5 Free Antivirus Brands of 2011.
Here is a list of top 5 antivirus brands of the world for the year 2011. These data are based on various factors like strength of malware detection, scanning speeds, treats removal capability and system performance while using the antivirus software.
- Avast Free Antivirus: This antivirus is one of the top rated software in the free antivirus category of software. Overall it offers very strong malware blocking service and is having an easy to use and a pleasant interface which makes it easy for the users to work with the software which ensures them excellent security over computer threats. Avast Antivirus offers an excellent scanning speed with on demand scanning speed of about 90 seconds for scanning 4.4 GB of data under default settings of the antivirus.
- Avira Antivir Personal: This antivirus is at 2nd position in the free antivirus rating of 2011. Avira has an excellent ability to detect and block malwares instantly. I am having a personal experience of Avira and can recommend it if you want very strong protection but when we compare it with other softwares in the same category we will find that its interface is a bit difficult to handle so it may need improvement in its interface design. Avira Antivir Personal Antivirus provides a scanning speed of 87 seconds which is quite acceptable.
- Microsoft Security Essentials: This security software by Microsoft is recommended for the users with windows operating system. Overall this antivirus software has a nice interface which really attracts the user due to ease in work. The scanning speed for the Microsoft security essential antivirus software is about 126 seconds which seems quite slow and its malware detection and blocking ability is also lesser than other antivirus software brands.
- Panda Cloud Antivirus: Panda cloud antivirus software possesses an easy to use interface. But when comparing scanning speed it is lower as compared to other antivirus softwares since it takes around 204 seconds for scanning the same 4.4 GB of data. Recently the company has released an update for Pandora Cloud which they have claimed to possess improved threat blocking ability.
- Comodo Internet Security Premium: Comodo Internet Security antivirus takes 129 seconds to scan through the same amount of data as compared in others and is probably good at blocking real world malware attacks. But when we see its drawback, we will see that its signature based detection results are not much good as expected for optimum security.